View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtn8 View Post
I agree for full range full size towers the MC901 would be a dream. When putting together my current setup, the fact that the Harbeth doesn't try to do too much in bass region was a major factor in its consideration. What it does do or is rated to, it's exceptional at which is down to around the 45- 50 Hz. I have thought about using an active crossover and high passing the Harbeth but in the end I prefer them full range. This is very subjective topic but after much thought there was no point to cut off any part of the Harbeth lower mids / upper bass when those qualities helped define its special midrange. With this out of the way, the ARC ( Anthem Room Correction) and full DSP phone controls made the MartinLogan subwoofer the obvious choice to pair with my Harbeth. Finally a very underrated but extremely important aspect of how subwoofers may integrate with speakers is it's overall group delay and here the MartinLogan again was exceptional. No surprise since these subs were designed to be used with their electrostatic speakers which are known for their speed.
I believe we have the same speakers? I would not be tempted to use a crossover like I did with my other speakers. I've measured the in room response of the 30.2 a few times while setting them up and they sign off past 35Hz very gracefully. There were no major bumps or suckouts when I got done setting them up.

So I would just "augment" them with the low pass filter of the sub at approx 40-45Hz and let the sub take care of the rest along with the Harbeths. Setting up a sub is a very "personal preference" type of a thing and requires a bit of experimentation as to the sub placement and the blending in with the speakers for most musical and natural response.

Sounds like you had good luck with your ML sub.