View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco65 View Post
I think Alan said Dennis was on vacation.
I stopped by the shop yesterday to go over the chassis layout with Strait Wire and lo and behold, guess who was working on Sunday?

I wonder what he's up to with that schematic? I won't give it away, but that's my handiwork on the paper....

Anyway, he was hot at work on this new amp, currently unspoken for....

If you can't tell, those are 2A3's on that amp.

Here's another new build, using 6L6s...

And the original prototype running 6V6s....

And the whole table of goodies....

Meanwhile, back at amateur hour, I'm playing with layouts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco65 View Post
AFAIK, Dennis has always provided very little documentation for the Inspire line. Someone put together a manual of sorts some months ago (it is linked in this thread) and he has responded to me with a legend for the inputs on my LP-27a. He does provide a laundry list of parts choices in his auction descriptions. I think that if we want better ([more] documentation we would have to come up with it ourselves. A starting point would be to trace out the circuit(s) and draw it out and accompany it with a parts list. That would be pretty easy for an experienced tube tech, but not so much for someone like myself.
Personally, I never give away information on Dennis' designs because there are already people in the far east buying the amps and trying to make a quick buck making copies.
But just realize that if someone publicly gives out info like that, he may not sell you any more gear.

Now as far as the LP 27 vs LP3, the 27 typically uses five pin triodes, 27s or 56s. The LP 3 typically uses octal 6**7 tubes such as 6SN7, 6SL7, 6BX7, etc.

Last edited by Analog Addict; 06-26-2017 at 08:38 PM.