View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 11:39 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gray View Post
I agree with Kleinbje. it truly is astonishing that these things make the difference they do. I have an Alpha and Sigma in my system and have ordered an Omega to replace the Alpha. I just have to hear what this is like but I do find the idea of further improvement (substantial improvement) improbable/inexplicable.

And of course this is for an ethernet connection to my server which conveys no music (all music on a hard drive on the server). Think about that!
It doesn't convey music, but it conveys noise on the ground plane, noise that can travel all the way down to the DAC. That's partly why the Shunyata Ethernet cables work so well. They also help prevent clock phase noise, as well.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 09-30-2020 at 11:42 PM.