View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergurt View Post
Thanks Jayvis. I just looked at it. I really don't need internal storage as I just built my own NAS and have 12TB ready.
I saw that Aurender has a model called N100C, which adds Toslink and Coax to the USB out, maybe it makes a difference in sound quality, not sure. Also I can only find the N100H for sale.

What other options should I be looking at? What about Cambridge Audio Azur 851N?
The Cambridge Azur 851N is definitely worth your while investigating. I found it to have very good sound quality and great connectivity options. It was hard to distinguish it from the MB50 when run through my C47's DAC and although not quite as good as the MB50, it maintained a pretty good Wi-Fi signal. Really, the main reasons I chose the MB50 over the 851N were aesthetic integration in my system (I like a one brand system), McIntosh is made in USA, and future consideration for Play-Fi speakers in other rooms of our home. If none of that is important to you and if its operation meets your needs, the 851N is a genuine bargain in my opinion.