View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 11:32 AM

Default Upgrade order for Alexia V2 is in....threw in an order for three D'ag M400s and a S250

I have been working with my local dealer on whether I wanted to move up from my current Alexia V1 pair to the Alexx. The current system sounds so dialed in to me I had a real hard time pulling the trigger on the bigger more complicated Alexx (and I never fell in love with the Alexx look). I will say the Alexx is an incredible speaker and I don't doubt it can outperform the Alexia...just was not for me. Well when the new Alexia V2 was announced ( upgraded tweeter, more adjustability, more internal volume and easier to drive) I decided that the way to go was with the new V2 rather than Alexx so order went in (unfortunately there are a lot of orders in so not being delivered till late in July)

At the same time I have continually been listening to and really enjoying the D'ag Momentums. My current system has 3 MXR 20's and a VXR 20. They are awesome amps and as I mentioned above my system - as currently set up - has never sounded so dialed in...but a recent tweek to put the amps on HRS M3 platforms and HRX amp stands along with vortex supports proved to me I can get more out of it. So along with the new speakers...I am getting 3 M400s and a S250 (sticking with black version) along with moving to TA Ref gen 5 cabling. I am keeping the Ayre amps as they are too good to sell....will be considering where to insert in other current systems (swapping out my VX5 twenty in my study for the VXR twenty is a given) or to set up one more smaller system

I am going to keep KXR twenty as the preamp with sources being dCS Vivaldi stack, Linn LP12/Ref2SE, Naim CD555 and the Datasat R20i processor

Alidas and Mezzo CST are the rear and center speakers

Will be awhile before all put together but look forward to pushing the performance just a little bit farther

Last edited by enatai252; 05-14-2017 at 11:55 AM.