Thread: Power Cord Grip
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:50 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgens View Post
I've never done this myself, but I've heard of people putting electrical tape around the power cord connector to increase the diameter and make it less likely to wiggle loose.
As long as it doesn't affect/touch the connectors I guess it's okay. I've never done it, either.

I have several PS Audio Jewel ACs around and could experiment with them if I get flustered enough. I don't know how that might affect the sound; I went to Wireworld cords more for style than anything else (plus they are recommended highly here). And don't get me wrong, I like them. Looking at PS Audio's website last night, PS Audio still makes a limited number of power cords, the Jewel not among them apparently. I saw the AC3, AC5, and AC12, with nothing longer than 2m. A brief experience with the AC5 showed it to be stiffer than I preferred, hence I sent it back. I do recall the bass was better than with the stock cords on my 501s, though.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 09-13-2015 at 05:38 AM.