View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
Sorry to let this sit without answering. I've had the X260.8's for well over a year now and continue to love them. Compared to the X250.8, they produce a bigger, wider and more 3D soundstage,. There is greater separation and clarity of images. Voices just sound even more realistic. Sweeter string tones. Drums appear to have more body and tone. Overall greater detail.

I did not notice a big difference in bass depth or impact. But in my system, the 250.8 did pretty good in that area already.

Bottom line, it was a worthwhile upgrade for me.
I'm about to move into the mountains and at an altitude of about 3500ft it's going to be much colder, so a pair of Pass Labs 260.8's will definitely be on my short list.

Fwiw, I heard the 250.8's recently driving a pair of Kef Blade 2's and was very impressed. Great definition top to bottom, detailed but silky sweet and pinpoint imaging, so if the 260.8's improve on that that must be really good. I previously owned a 250.5 and as much as I liked the mids and treble I was less than fully satisfied with the bass control and definition, so this appears to have been resolved with the .8 models.