View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Life is beautiful

Default Interesting project from Max Richter: "Sleep".

From Presto Classical:

A new digital 8h landmark recording SLEEP by acclaimed British composer Max Richter. SLEEP is an eight hour exploration of music, consciousness and human connectivity – and is actually intended to send the listener to sleep. SLEEP is played on piano, strings, with subtle electronic touches and vocals – but no words.

“It’s my personal lullaby for a frenetic world. A manifesto for a slower pace of existence. I want people to start playing it while they are getting ready for bed, so that they hear it in their sleep.” Max Richter

Max Richter (piano, organ, synthesizers, electronics) & Grace Davidson (soprano)
American Contemporary Music Ensemble (ACME)

When they played it at the BBC, they put 20 beds in the studio.
People said in the morning that they had the best night since long.

I'm listening to it now.
It is really calming.
Our radio station broadcast it last night to accompany its listeners with the change to winter time.

The CDs are launched in December.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables