View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 AM

This reviewer might have gotten confused and still have played the system out of phase.

He hooked his speakers up in phase (which is incorrect) and wondered why he had no bass - so he switched the phase on his subwoofer. What about the mids and treble coming directly out of his speakers?? he even said what he did wrong and did not fix it - see highlighted below from the review.

No wonder he thinks the cj pre amp is bright in the top end - its still out of phase !!

How this has gone to print is amazingly bad.

Quote:
First, note that the ET3 is phase inverting. This is critical when using subwoofers. I prefer to run my speakers full-range and then use the low-pass crossover on the subwoofers’ plate amplifiers to blend the bass. I initially thought that the ET3 had a weak bass response. Then I remembered to set my subs’ phase to 180 degrees instead of the more common zero degrees. Reversing the speaker wires (at the speakers only) red to black terminal and vice versa while leaving the subs at zero-phase would have also been effective. Once the phase was consistent, the reviewing began.

Last edited by turntable; 07-08-2016 at 07:29 AM.