View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
Oh.... Just purchased an Aurender S10 today.
Joel,

Are you aware they are shipping the W20? I would ask your dealer about availability since you have to wait two months anyway. I haven't heard it but those who have claim it is amazing.

As to DACS, the DAC8 is an excellent DAC, but there are better out there. My Meitner bested it in every aspect not on an insignificant scale. Now I was using the EMMDAC2x, a 15K DAC, but you are spending tons on your equipment. The MA version of what I had is 1/2 the price and based on what I experienced with the EMM I would expect a similar experience.

I have listend to many, including the REF DAC, which me personally I wouldn't buy. I personally, and this is me with no financial interests of any kind, would listen to the MSB Analog. I did and was amazed and how fantastic it was. Much more natural soundstage than anything I have ever heard, more three dimensional as well as detailed, however, sometimes there is a sacrifice in an harshness for detail and there is absolutely NO harness in this DAC. I made the mistake of listening to the big brother and I was hooked.

Look, the DAC8 is an excellent DAC, but with the kind of $$$ you are spending, especially on something like the Aurender, look at alternatives. I am a believer in the ARC sound when it comes to what their tube preamps and amps do together, but, my opinion, there are better DACs at or for just a little more money.

As one person posted, since "you bought the Aurender you will never listen to any DSD or DXD anyway", of course until you hear it, then you will want it. Plus the differences in DACs are not just referable to their ability of what they can and cannot play

Another thing to keep an open mind about.

But Congrats and enjoy the system. It sounds like you will have a killer system.