View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that.

I'm still amazed by my SA-10 in combo with the PM-10, daily.
For a few months, I've been enjoying filter 1, dither off, and the noise shaping 3rd 1 settings. Sounds perfect to me.

I hope you get it figured figured out.
Thanks, Christian! My new SA-10 is definitely malfunctioning, & Ivan has ordered a replacement. I don't have a streaming setup, but it will only play odd-numbered tracks (files) from the USB thumb drives I have plugged in! (Multiple drives, file formats, resolutions & sources...) It displays an "Unsupported" error for all the even-numbered tracks, sometimes accompanied by scary-loud static that had me fearing for my speakers! Also the "Repeat All" setting got ignored for many discs, requiring lots of "trial & error" to find discs I could successfully use for break in.

Actually I hope it's defective, as I HATE the way it sounds on red book CD's, (very shrill, one-dimensional, bodiless instruments & voices, and a congealed mess when more than a few instruments/voices are playing simultaneously) & find its SACD sound OK but disappointing (similar, but much milder.) Given everything I've read, that isn't the way it should sound. It does have better soundstage depth than my Esoteric X-05 had, but in every other way sounds inferior.

It may take a few months to get a replacement unit – I'm hoping for the best...