Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
One more thing; I was strongly considering using the McIntosh Upgrade program and trading in my fairly new c47 for the c2600. But if the c2600 has the same USB limitations then I'm not going to trade 'up'.

The Sony HAP just updated the USB firmware but I purchased it knowing full well that it only had unbalanced/balanced connections. But the c47 and c2600 tout all this USB decoding from 192 to 384 and DSD blah blah.
Hello...

I have C2600 and Sony Hap... This evening, I connected HDD to C2600 via USB cable and the result was the same as yours.

So I connected my pc to C2600 via a such cheap USB cable that I got from a external cd drive and played the same files with Sony HDD. The sound improvement is day and night difference. C2600's DAC is way better than Sony...obviously. I hear more and tight bass and overall volume is bigger and bright.

And then I connected CDP to C2600 via a coaxial cable, before it was by XLR. This connection also improved the sound a bit, but not by big margin like a previous experiment.

Now I don't know what to do with $2,000 DAC + digital storage 😫.

Tomorrow I am gonna get a decent USB cable and try again...