View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibox View Post
I've been lurking on here for a while but after reading about other's experience with Aerial I'll throw in my 2 cents.
I currently own the model 6's for my rather small 11 X 10 room. I'm planning on relocating in about 2 years and the 7t's are at the top of my list. I heard them side by side with Wilson Sophia 3's on an ARC ref 5 and ARC ref 150. I felt that the Wilson's had better control in the low end but the Aerials were not far behind. From my experience with the model 6 I think the 7t's would of liked a bit more power, which could of brought some more definition in the lower frequencies. As for imaging and soundstage, I have to give it to the 7t's. They were incredible and rank right up with Magico Q3's in their resolution and detail. Their cabinet and finish is exceptional as well and my wife would have a much easier time accepting them over the other speakers on my short list. I am amazed that a 10k speaker can compete alongside the more expensive and touted Wilsons. I could be happy with either speaker but at $7,000 less the choice is simple.
Needless to say, I am a big fan of Aerial and I'd like to see a dedicated thread.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the 7T's. Though I have never done a side by side comparison with the Aerial / Wilson brands I am happy to hear your positive comments on this, and I am not surprised by your findings. There is a reason why they made Stereophile's Class A list. Michael Kelly has made some great speakers, but the brand is just not as recognizable to many as Wilson or B&W.

Glad to see another Aerial fan on AA. Maybe if we get enough support your dedicated thread may come true...

Cheers,

Jim