View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 AM

Embarrassing to admit this... But, even with all these gears, I'm not a strong believer in cables and power supply. I have number of dedicated 20 amp outlets, but no power conditioner/regenerator, etc. I am using just good old 12 gauge copper speaker wires and decent $50-200 IC's. All stock AC cables.

I had opportunities to look at internal wiring of B&W 802D2, Monitor Audio G300, and Paradigm C5v3, Rel G1 (all of which I have owned). All of them had 12 gauge or less copper wires inside. I know this would a whole new discussion, but putting higher quality cables to bridge between these normal internal wirings of electronics & speakers doesn't seem logical. But audiophile hobby is never logical

I will be looking at some decent cables once I decide on my final piece of electronics - DAC & streamer combo.

I have Rel G1 which has built in crossover that I like, so I decided against built in crossover after much pondering. And I have it set at 36hz.

I usually like electronics in black, but I chose silver in this case. In case I get the upgrade bug, easier to sell or trade. And amazingly, even my wife says Krells look better in silver We were at Abt electronics and they had black 400e and 707 on display. Hey, whenever I can get any wife approval, I oblige.