View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
Since I made the upgrades to my bedroom system last year, with the surround conversion and the addition of a Sony XBR49X900E and Oppo UDB-203 4K UHD player, I've been really enjoying the incredible quality that 4K brings. I've known since then that it would only be a matter of time before I'd make the jump in my living room as well. I was in no screaming hurry as I do most of my movie watching these days in the bedroom, and I've had other things on my plate (such as cable upgrades in the living room). And, my Sony 55" XBR 1080p set in the living room that I've had for several years was still performing well. I also had an Oppo BDP-105D Blu Ray player that's seen only moderate use.

But Oppo's recent decision to stop US production has caused me to change my priorities a bit. I figured if I didn't get my player quick, I may not get one at all. So, within a day or so of the announcement, I ordered a UDB-205 directly from Oppo. Within 3 hours that evening, the model was out of stock.

Of course, once I'd made that decision, I knew I'd want the 4K TV as well. So, two days after the arrival of my UDP-205, I was on my way to Best Buy to pick up a new Sony XBR55X900E 4K TV.

To say that I'm pleased is an understatement. Both the Oppo UDP-205 and the new Sony TV are spectacular performers. They both fit right in with my scheme of things, and I'm 110% pleased.

I'm really finding myself absorbed in 4K material these days. It's really remarkable.....
Beautiful Pete