Thread: Apple Stock
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchy View Post

At the risk of losing all credibility I agree with Larry Ellison on this one. We've seen Apple with and without Steve, you do the math. I've been an Apple fan for some time. All of my personal computing devices are Apple devices. But Apple used to excite me with their tech, but I haven't been excited by them in years. For the most part, they just seem to be repackaging existing tech in different form factors with some new features here and there. Am I looking forward to the fingerprint scanner, sure (the NSA probably already has my fingerprints), but it doesn't having me wringing my hands for the new device. The iPhone 5 was the first iPhone I didn't buy; I didn't see a reason to upgrade. You can argue that the tech is maturing, but this seems more of a cop-out for a company that "thinks different". Phil mentioned during the WWDC that the new Mac Pro is proof they can still innovate. As an owner of a previous generation Mac Pro, I wouldn't want to touch that new model with a 10 foot poll. Hopefully they have to some cool stuff coming around the corner, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think the iPhone 5s is more important than most think. Yes, from a consumer perspective looking at it there is no additional sizzle. But that new chip is quite important to what apps can do - and the fingerprint security is also highly useful. The additional value and usefulness will come. But to someone now going into the store - especially without ios7 - it's not compelling.

Overtime it will be viewed as important.

There won't be that much more around the external hardware (different size? That's not really innovation)