View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 PM

Default Brand new Sopra No3s for the price of No2s--Should I do it?

I ordered a pair of Sopra No2s a couple of weeks ago, and was told they would ship out after Feb 23d, from the NA distributor in Montreal. Got a call from my dealer in Phoenix on Friday. He said he had bad news and good news.

The bad news was that my No2s didn't come in and wouldn't for 4-6 weeks. The good news was that the distributor felt very badly about it, and offered me a pair of No3s for the price I'd paid for the No2s, and in the Walnut finish I wanted.

No brainer, right? Except Mrs Moonhawk is not happy about having new , large speakers in our living room, or about spending the money anyway. I figured she'd be OK with the No2s, pretty sure she'll hate the size of the No3s. Whatever.

I was going to tell the dealer to just wait for the No2s. But wait!

Why not take the No3s--they'll sound better in our 20x35 room with hallways off to one side, anyway-- and see how we (she) likes them. If not, I should be able to sell them for at least what I paid (for No2s), and look at other options.

My Magico dealer has a pair of the new A3s coming in. They're MUCH smaller than either pair of focals, and according to what I've read sound really good, and cost less than $10K, which should make the Mrs. happy.

Don't you love a happy ending?