View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhesiv View Post
I'd say my room is medium-ish. Front to back my walls are about 18' however my side wall situation is wide open with my left wall about 4' from the left speaker and no immediate side wall due to our open concept room design.

From a spl perspective, there is no issue with the Montille which pushes out about 15w. I barely move the volume above 10pm and rarely near or above 12pm. That said there's not a huge volume increase between those positions so I'm likely tapping out the reserve quickly.

SPL levels aside I have no idea how well the Montille is actually driving the Cremona with its somewhat punishing resistance and hope to get a better idea once I AB with the Devore.
The DeVore will tell you nothing about how the Shindo is driving the Cremona.

It will tell you only how the Shindo is driving the DeVore.

My point is that you are not comparing speakers at all. You are comparing the system of amp/speaker. The DeVore/Shindo is a better electrical match and will show it. The Cremona/Shindo is not a great match and is already showing it (dynamic compression) in your description above. That you like it doesn't change that.

That's why I suggest that if you are staying with your model of amplifier, the DeVore is likely a better choice.