Thread: Pleasure
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
It's all about pleasure. We constantly talk about audio components, cables, tweaks, speakers, acoustic treatments, isolation, digital, analog, and on and on. We boast of audible improvements as we advance our way through product after product in an unending search for audio nirvana. Ultimately though, it all boils down to one thing. It is pleasure we seek, that special feeling of happy satisfaction. It is the gratification and contentment we experience from our audio systems that drive us toward that ever elusive, nearly unobtainable goal of complete fulfillment. It isn't about better this or that, higher highs or lower lows, it is about pleasure, the ultimate end game of all our audio system endeavors.

Our sense of self-esteem is rewarded through our ears, eyes, touch, and emotions as we interact with our sound systems. The pleasure of this experience reinforces our sense of personal identity, thus pleasure is gained from recognition of one's achievement. Yes, we go on and on about the large, small, precise, even trivial details of our sound systems, but that is not the bottom line. It is the intense quest for pleasure that motivates us. The rest is just something for us to talk about.

Foodies can have their comfort food. Music is my comfort food. Don’t get me wrong though...I eat like a fat kid!

Good post, Dan!