View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Life is beautiful

Ludwig van Beethoven - String Quartets op. 59 "Razumovsky" - String Quintet op. 29
Kuijken Quartet

Played on modern instruments.

I have fond memories of this set.
On my birthday party earlier this year, Sigiswald performed Bach live in my living room.
Afterwards my wife and I sat with him and his wife (who plays the second viola on the Quintet here) to talk a bit, and drink a (good) glass of wine.
Then he wanted to hear the strange speakers and tubes in our living room for a couple of minutes.
We listened to this recording in 5.0, and eventually finished the whole first disc.
He and his wife commented on the musical details, how it all went in the studio and some little facts.
His impression on the sound: "Wow, this is almost as good as the real thing!!".
I found that a pretty encouraging comment!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables