View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:31 AM

... well, I`ve figured out my mistake. The MacBook throws the setting back to default each time it`s disconnected from the DAC - thus not allowing Tidal to control the output settings anymore and giving out an inferior signal. You have to go back into the Streaming Settings in the Tidal menu and reset each time you reconnect the MacBook to the DAC.

So I took some more listening time with Tidal settings at reset MQA Master and allowing Tidal to control the output signal - and yes, it is way more satisfying now and I actually even find myself enjoying some streaming sessions.

... so now I`m a little curious... will things get even better when changing from the MacBook to a decent pure audio bridge/streamer as an Aurender or Auralic f.e.? ... or are there no dramatic changes in audio quality between the different music servers and is it simply a question of comfort (I will continue using the DAC of my McIntosh C52 so basically we`re just talking a decent bridge) ? Is it worth listening into some "Bridges"?