View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Jadis,

Thanks for sharing, it's great to see someone with panel / stats that understands the importance of positioning as it relates to a di-pole speaker, way too many folks don't know enough to get them 'off the walls' ! I'm curious though, for I have NEVER heard a system sound good with the listener positioned against a wall, have you tried to move your speakers back somewhat so you can get 'into the room' ....or have your acoustic wall treatments been enough to compensate ??
Hi Dave,

Thanks for writing. I got my speaker position the way I wanted it to sound after 6 months. I had to listen to all sorts of musical genres and see where the best compromise was. Basically, where the Maggies stand now, I have moved them about a foot back or half a foot forwards and maybe inches sidewards but ultimately where they stand today is where I like it best. I have not tried them all the way back like a meter from the wall because I never liked the sound even with other speakers. The depth and soundstage just suffers in those cases. Why I like it now is because it can project a 3D soundstage and great images just come out. I like to close my eyes and enjoy the soundstage like it's not coming out from the speakers. Other minor movements on the speaker positioning has to do with bass control.