View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimusk View Post
Hi MCenthusiast,

Your SP10R and Artisan Fidelity plinth look fantastic! Now that you've had it a while, what are your thoughts about its sound, etc.? I'm seriously considering going the same route with Chris and I'd love to know what you think. I also have an idler already (Nantais Ref II Lenco) but I'm extremely intrigued by the SP10R/Artisan Fidelity combo.

Thanks,
Bill
Thanks Bill and others, I haven't been on the site for a while so I missed the follow up posts. I've added a number of pics on my profile so you can see how the system has evolved. The short answer is that I'm very pleased with the Technics table, Chris and his team do remarkable work and the attention to detail has to be seen in person. The table is massive (24" deep) and weighs roughly 130 pounds in full dress so you have to be prepared for that with a suitable mounting location.

This is an all vinyl all the time system that gives me a lot of flexibility to try different arms and cartridges along with idler and direct drive tables.. The AF table has impressed me with incredibly black backgrounds, overall dynamics and the deep and believable bass it delivers. Depending upon cartridge, I run it though the A23 step up or the MP1100 into the Giscours.

I'm curious whether you have decided to move forward and what alternatives you are entertaining?