View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Go Dawgs

So I’ve been following this thread since Dan posted the topic and I’m in exactly the same boat, my Directv subscription runs me $164 a month, sounds like we have/had the exact same package, service fees etc. I’m dying to get rid of it and use a streaming service. I signed up for a free trial of YouTube TV which is only $49.99 /month and has every channel I need save the Weather Channel, but that’s another story. So here’s the rub, I watched 2 nights worth of programming flipped channels and two Atlanta Braves games. I love the interface etc, but.......I could tell a noticeable “digital” quality to the picture compared to Directv, especially on sports.......almost looked like a bit of macroblocking at times. I was able to switch back and forth easily and A/B the same channels, some better than others. That was on a 65 inch 4K Sony XBR TV, I haven’t tried it on my JVC projector in the theater but I would only assume it would look worse on the 110” screen but maybe I’m wrong. Has anyone ever compared the streaming quality of any of the other players like Hulu, Directv Now or Fubu? I want to switch desperately but being an AA audiophile, I’m afraid a noticeable drop in picture quality would bother me, especially during football season etc. what has been you guys’ experience in quality with the live streaming services?

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3