View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Here is my experience with my D02X.
Before it i had a X03SE and a TAD DA1000.
The X03SE sounded very dynamic with a lot of bass and fatiguing highs. Very spectacular sound for a little time. Anyway i enjoyed it until it was evident that it was bettered by so many brands.
On my searching i finally bought the TAD because the sinergy with my TADC600/CR1 was evident. I ever thought it wasn't at the same level of the rest and was expecting a new DAC that would open the soundstage as the Esoteric did and has more tonality and bass dense. The TAD is a great DAC but so much controled and a little thin on highs and soundstage. Timbricaly so much correct too. The bass was extended and tight. I'm still waiting a Reference TAD Dac.
When the D02X was released i compared it with a DCS Rossini and bought the Esoteric.
Even it wasn't fully broken the sound was amazing.
When i received my new one it sounded spectacular the first week. But since then i have been breaking all the upsampling modes and the sound was changing a lot of times. Dark, cristaline, thin, fat...until now.
Once fully broken i don't find all the attributes that i read here about Esoteric.
I have to put it on 8x to keep the highs on order but i loose definition. If a want a better bass a have to put it on 1x/2x but the highs becomes fatiguing. I don't find the correct balance.
It sounds more open than the TAD but no more bottom extended. Esoteric is supposed to be the king of bass !!!! I have win a little on the hole sound but i don't find the Esoteric bass authority.
I'm playing from an Aurender N100H.
Maybe the trouble now is the source. I'm waiting to the next week to see what is on the table.
I ask me if a Master Clock would put order on the hole sound spectrum or simply a lack of sinergy.
I would put my hands on fire 6 months ago that the sound i listened, as fantastic it was, only has to improved over the break in time. I was wrong.
Regards.
So do you like or don't like your D02X?