View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
Not a Roland owner, but like the sound, have heard their gear many times. It is very easy to listen to. In the States it is considered a premium brand and highly regarded. It is manufactured in Colorado and the company is employee owned. How long will DAG remain in business? (Remember Krell ???!!!) Isn't it made in China? No question I'd purchase Roland.
Rather bizzare comments. Krell still is in business and their entry level gear is made in China. Everything else is made in USA.
Dan's new company is going very well and as others have mentioned to infer anything else seems to be mischievous, at best as you do not have any facts.

The facts are Rowland in their recent history have been using stk D amplifier modules with some mods, putting them in nice Rowland front plates and selling them for high $$. Not what I would call value or great sound when I heard one of the class D monoblocks several years back. Rowland's standing as a high end manufacturer had declined from this move imo.

Good to see they are actually releasing class AB amps again as hopefully that will bring their past reputation back - I wonder what technical design they are using.

I would think ChisChas would buy whatever amp he feels sounds the best in his system and looking at the overall cost of ownership / resale etc. Hopefully he can get that opportunity and let us know what his listening results were.

cheers

Last edited by turntable; 01-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.