View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragoulisnaval View Post
I have bought myself a pair of PMC Twenty.26 speakers currently driven by Audia Flight 1 integrated and I am looking into an upgrade of my amplification system. Firstly, I will buy a power amplifier and at a later stage a pre-amplifier. Do you have any suggestions for me? I don't mind if it will be a dual/mono amplifier or a monoblock design. What it must surely have is a very high dumping factor (above 300) and a high current output ( more than 20A continuous). Any suggestions apart from Bryston (that I have already auditioned)? Thank you!!!
Hi fragoulisnaval;645507,

Heard the PMC .26's recently with some higher-end naim electronics(NDS, 555PS, NAC252, SuperCap & NAP300).

Though articulate & coherent, at times to my ears they did betray a sense of dryness, not being quite as open & slightly more polite compared to the B&W802D's & Spendor D7's i also heard.

As it's been a while since your original post, not sure if you've found the power-amps to go with your PMC .26's yet.

If you're still looking i understand from PMC users among friends & on other forums you may find the better Electrocompaniet(AW250R stereo, AW180 mono or AW400 mono) & Primare power-amps(A32 stereo or A60 stereo) a decent match. And you can use balanced XLR cables with them too.

But, i believe that the Electrocompaniet AW400's have a power rating of: 400 W @ 8 Ohms/760 Watts @ 4 Ohms. And 150 Amps of peak current should be more than enough to keep your PMC's in check.

Don't mean to be s#&@ty, but i have to admit that i'm not 100% sure about their 'dumping factor.'

Even so. Be interested to know if you've heard them already &, if not, whether you would consider them.

Regards.

Babur.

Last edited by Babur72; 04-18-2015 at 01:15 PM.