Thread: Classe CA-5300
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Mike.......Sorry! My fingers got away from me. I must admit that I wish Classe' had managed to continue assembly in Canada. I've read all the hoopla about designed in Canada, etc., etc., but being assembled in China to cut the labor costs (read higher profit margin) altered my opinion of the company irrespective of a few positive reviews from the advertising supported pundits. No offense intended, as I am sure the CA-5300 will perform to your expectations, but if you weren't also sensitive to its origin I doubt you would have responded with "Ouch". Classe from China is what it is, but it's not for me.
Oh, no worries. I've read how the division in China is part of Classe organization and not "outsourced" like many other US manufacturers. It is part of the organization and many of their top Canadian folks either live there or oversee operations or both. Not sure if that helps quality or not, but it likely cannot hurt. That being said, I did have six Mc items go back for repairs in 4 months.....so I'm not sure that Made in America is a guarantee of quality either. It has more to do with the organizations commitment to delivering a quality product every time and ensuring it works as advertised. My Korean made car works better than my American made car.....so it's all irrelevant in a global economy. The company needs to stand behind their product....that's the important thing here.....IMO.