View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Dave-

Then, I can have ROON on a MacBook pro and control the BDP from the same laptop? Or does ROON need to be on a separate computer?
YES you can have ROON Core running on a MacBook Pro and control the BDP from the same laptop.

You can also install the Roon Remote App in portable devices (mobile phone, tablet) or another computer and control the BDP from there as well.

I have six (6) Roon-Ready devices in my system. I can control all of them from the computer running Roon Core. But I also installed the Roon Remote App in my iPhone, my iPad, an Android Pad, and an iMac desktop. That way I can also control all six (6) Roon-Ready devices with my portable devices and my iMac desktop computer.

I can play different music to each of my 6 Roon-Ready devices simultaneously. I can also play the same music to all Roon-Ready devices at the same time (this is handy if one wants to have the same music playing around the house).

In my experience, I saw no difference in SQ when using Roon via Wi-Fi or via ethernet cable as long as your Wi-Fi signal is strong. However if the Wi-Fi signal is weak, you may experience drop outs and require an ethernet cable for best results.

I subscribe to Tidal and highly recommend it for use with Roon. With Tidal you have immediate access to over 30 million tracks. To me, Tidal and Roon make an ideal match.

Last edited by nicoff; 09-20-2018 at 11:17 AM.