View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat
Thanks, Joe.

Yes, cats are way cool...you can probably tell from my avatar i am a cat person.

Some other tips for Don...

Get a cat brush at your local pet store, the kind with the plastic teeth or steel pins with the little ball on the end. Brush your cat regularly; cats actually have two types of fur coats; a soft, very light, fluffy undercoat that is shed during warm weather. This is what comes out when brushed, or what they ingest when they get hairballs. Their top coat is a "hard" coat, and really does not come off or shed very much at all. Brushing also brings the oils up to the coat to keep it shiny and healthy.

Also, talk to your cat: call it by name and talk to it a lot. Cats, for the size brains they have, are remarkably intelligent and they will talk to you. Get to know their specific vocalizations and what they mean. They know exactly what they are thinking and communicating to you. A dog's first response when called is to come, a cat's first response is to answer.

They will very quickly get used to a specific schedule and settle into a routine. They become so routine you can almost set a clock to their schedule.
Once again, a terrific post.
Yes, cats talk and that' pretty funny.
One of our cat talks only with me. And the kids have their jaws drop !