View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
The Architect

Default On the way!

It has been a while since I've posted here in the ModWright sub-forum, and I noticed Todd's post as well looking for some news, so I thought I'd give an update. Dan is still having difficulties resolving the noise issues with the digital input mod on the Oppo 95. The Sony 5400ES mod does not exhibit the same issues, so it is something unique and particular to the Oppo that continues to be very difficult to get working.

I have decided, after a very, very long wait, to go ahead and have ModWright ship me my Oppo 95 without the digital input mod, and take Dan up on his previous offer to pay for shipping both ways and install the digital input when it is resolved and working 100%. My unit will ship out on Monday, along with a LS100 preamp for me to demo in my system. The LS100 will have the working digital input module installed in it, so I will get a very good idea of how that will sound once it is working in the Oppo. I am seriously looking at adding a 2-channel preamp with HT bypass to my system, so I am excited to finally have the opportunity to hear the LS100 in my room. I will report back (probably late next week) on my impressions of the two units in my system!
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables