View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Born-again audiophile

I have to say I never saw the use for one, plus I had other sorts of multi-tools in the past that were disappointing. Then I was in a woodworking store one day and they had a demo tool ready for anyone to test on a bunch of wood lying on a bench so I gave it a whirl. I was stunned by how quickly and easily it did whatever I asked it to do.

When my post & beam barn/garage was being built I hired a contractor but then personally worked on the crew for 5 months building it (thread to follow when I'm more "done"). At the beginning of the job I was the one guy with this tool, by the end the GC had bought one for every carpenter in his company. They'd all tell you now they will never take out a chisel again. I find that with a careful touch and a fine blade it can be as precise as any hand tool.

Dan if you got a sample and tested it like you do audio equipment the last line of your review would be "I liked it so much I bought the demo version."
C2700, Bryston SP3, MC2301's, MC205, Sonus Faber Amati Futura's mains, SF center, Klipsch Sur/Back, JL F113, VPI Classic III, MR87, Pioneer Kuro plasma monitor, Oppo BDP-105, Sonos Port with W4S mod, Bryston BIT20.[/SIZE][/COLOR]