View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonto View Post
Did you decide to try a Venom HDMI cable? Curious as to how it compares to your Wireworld.

I'd be interested in hearing this as well.

I received a 2m Wireworld Starlight 7 this week -- and it is an impressive cable. I'm using it between an LG OLED TV and an Onkyo receiver. Source was a 4K disc played using an Xbox One S connected to the Onkyo via a 1m Wireworld Ultraviolet. The 2m Starlight replaced a 2m Ultraviolet that got damaged.

The sound was more dimensional than I recall ever hearing. There was a scene in Fast Five with a chase on foot across rooftops. At one point the footsteps sounded like they were running across my ceiling. I had added cheap Atmos speakers earlier this year. This was the first time Atmos created sound so palpable above my head. And the Starlight barely had two hours of burn-in when I heard that.

The color saturation and black levels were even more impressive than usual as well. It was wild to see the video quality improved over the first 30 minutes of watching a movie.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256