View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM

Quick other observation, on my Halo A23 amp for side surround, at low levels it runs pure class A and had a noticeable 50-60 hum regardless what I have tried. Lifts the switch on the back, diff breaker etc.

And while I have other house issues in another topic for my house, my audio rig is very isolated from that part of the house. So except for my F212 which too has a slight hum. I have no hum issues in anything except the Halo A23 amp.

Well I guess the RCA cables for mutli channel from the Oppo 95 and now the 205 are the only thing connected to the A23 except for the speaker wires.

Well behold now the A23 has no more hum, so the 95's power supply etc or something in that circuit made my A23 noisy. And now she is dead quiet. So it had to be the RCA cables which I tried many to no help before today.

I was never able to figure this out till today, what a bonus! Darn 95 rca section was the bad guy but yet the McIntosh amps for the other channels were never affected. So either that speaks volumes for the McIntosh amps, Vs the Halo A23, or only the surround section of the RCA 95 was bad, noisy etc?

Even when the Oppo 95 was off, it made the A23 hum when I played any content to my MX150 in surround mode via other devices HDMI etc.

OH wow I am so happy! Like I said this 205 fan less, better power supply, and the chassis ground too are very well built as far as I can see so far.