View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252 View Post
If you really want to hear great music in a car I would spend the money for quality drivers, amps and time alignment processor as a car is not an ideal environment and the drivers are not ideally located to provide the soundstage in front of you. Downside of that is the $$ and hassle. On the Cayenne I do think the Burmester option sounds best but personal call if worth it. I would consider what sources you will use - if spotify, sat ratio or god forbid FM than the source material quality is limiting factor (MP3 or worse). If you are going to play CD rips or high Rez than perhaps. Regardless I would suggest getting the thicker glass option as it significantly quiets the Cayenne cabin. My wife just got a 2019 Cayenne S and the thicker glass makes a difference

If for a 911....I don’t ever turn radio on. Between engine and road noise from tires it seems pointless....but my 911R does not come with much insulation
All good points. If we do go for a Cayenne the glass package is already on our list of must-have options. I’d plan on using many of the same high-resolution rips I enjoy in the house, but there will inevitably be some satellite radio listening for news — NPR and BBC World Service.

Thanks for the input!

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!