View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:41 PM

So to answer my own question--yes, Sabrina rocks!

I went back to the dealer today, this time with the group's hybrid advice in mind and the Sabrinas positioned more carefully and closer to the back wall. They did beautifully with 3 different amp combinations--the original MC275/C2600, a 300wpc Bryston with the C2600, and the MC152/C2600. I also took a listen to a pair of B&W 804/D3.

All the amplification options sounded terrific. As several have pointed out, the SS amps increased the punch compared to the MC275. But with more careful positioning of the speakers, the tube amp had plenty of bass. Especially compared to the MC152, I would not have been able to identify any bass weakness without direct comparison.

So the demo Sabrinas, MC275, and C22 are coming to my house this weekend! (Once I found the bass acceptable, I couldn't resist the MC275's magic on the mids and highs.)

Thanks again for the thoughtful comments and advice. Although I ended up at the original, theoretically suboptimal spot; the group's comments helped me understand the situation much better. Cheers!