Thread: Q7 delivered
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 PM

I curious two woofers barely moved even with Ayre burn in track that usually made other speakers woofers dance like boiling water.

Ok Q7 really bring new experience, they dont sound like other Magico, tonally similar but much more transparent and
Energetic. They make me thing of MBL 101E in overall presentation rather than thinking of Q3. One thing that make me miss my Q3 is the bass punch, from mid bass down to deepest note, Q3 made much stronger feeling. Tweeter is big improvement
Over Q3 's. now i don t miss this treble quality in Salon2 anymore. I expect when I use Transparent jumpers, transparency and high freq extention will dropped a bit but gaining in warm and richer tone.
About bass, in my experience with q3 they are highly sensitive to floor coupling. With Q3 put straight on carpet floor, bass
Was much too heavy and thick. Installing spikes make sound exactly same as what I have from Q7 now, light bass weight.
By insert spike discs under spikes make Q3 bass best balanced and natural. So I still have some hope that with proper
Floor coupling rather than on supermarket cart wheels, I will get more weight.
I am Most troubling by fact that I cannot do position fine tuning alone, when i push them , wheel alignments changed and I cannot rotate those wheels without making speaker position changed.

Toga