Thread: Into the Abyss?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 10:24 PM

I've recently demoed both the 1266 Phi TC and the Diana Phi from my local dealer and found both to be great headphones. The 1266 are the better headphone purely in terms of sound. I would highly recommend them if you plan on using them strictly in a stationary position. These are not headphones that accommodate moving around while wearing them. They take a little bit to fine tune the fit, but are quite comfortable once dialed in. The Diana Phi, on the other hand retain much of the sound of the 1266 but with a narrower sound stage and a bit less overall impact. The Diana feel much more like normal headphones and are more accommodating to moving around while wearing.

If you are going to demo from the Cable Company and are already going to put money toward a headphone I would highly recommend giving both a try. The 1266 are worth it in terms of sound quality, but if the unconventional fit isn't for you, the Diana might be right.

I would also recommend the Focal Utopia if you are okay going outside the Abyss brand.

Headphone rig: Gustard X16, Topping A90, Hifiman HE6se, Audeze LCD2
2-Channel setup: Okto Research DAC8 Stereo, Bryston 4Bł, Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers, Dual PSA S152 subs