View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Retired

Modest beginnings here. Back in the early '90s I was going thru multiple tuners to find the 'best' (to my ears). Had a nice T-100 followed by a few months later by a T-101. Both were too close the McIntosh tuner sound (too warm, with flubby bass) to hold on to. About 7yr ago I ran across a 'deal' on a T-106 tuner. After having several of the "best" other brands of tuners recapped and upgraded, the stock T-106 came into my system and immediately stood at the top of the class for sound. After a couple of years it lost its way and could no longer figure out stereo broadcasts. Had it recapped with modern caps and aligned after the cold solder joint was repaired. My other tuners are good, but not as good.

The T-106 has been back in my system for 2+ years. Thank you Warren Bendler for your excellent work and Bob Fitzgerald for supplying the service manual.

About six months ago we decided we need to move into our condo to rid ourselves of any "house" responsibilities so we could travel. Needed to downsize my system and contacted Ivan about an E-270 w/AD-50 phono-card. Have had for almost 2mon and it does everything I need.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag