View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
I currently have one on loan from Pass Labs. This was for the last LVAC (Las Vegas Audio Club) meeting that we had yesterday afternoon. There will be a full article about it in our blog. The Las Vegas Audio Club

Anyway, here is my brief opinion...

The amp is very clean and pure in the mids and highs. Imo, it would be better served as a HF/MR amp in a bi-amped configuration rather than run it full range. At high or higher volumes, the amp tends to clip and tends to run out of gas. The dynamics and bass are a bit restricted. This is not the amp for headbangers and 1812 Overture freaks. My JBL S4700 speakers are 94db efficient with a 6 Ohm rating. You might think that's enough efficiency, but they actually need more power to wake them up, especially the woofers. Now with something like a Klipsch Cornwall or Klipschorn, this would be all you need really. Those are even more efficient and have a higher Ohm rating than the JBLs I use.

So, that's about it for now. More in the blog, including opinions from the other club members...
Very much in agreement IME with the J2 paired with DeVore Nines. They are 91dB, and I never got the amp to clip, so just how loud did you guys push it????

That said, the imaging and resolution is amazing, though I didn't have the bass fullness and dynamics I was seeking.