View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:59 AM

I recently had the chance to hear the new lines of SF Tradition series in a room size ratio of 12'×16'×9'. That's between Serafino, Amati the latest version and futura and Guarneri Evos.

For that room size I was truly impressed with the Serafino it had the grace and bass of both Amatis minus the bass empowering that room. They were very dynamic, transparent, airy and balanced. The Amatis sounded very nice they threw a big soundstage but the 8" bass was a bit too much for that room size which gave an unbalanced sound but given an appropriate room yes they will definitely sound great.

As for the Guarneri Evo I tried it as a comparison. I have the Evos and wanted to know if it was a good significant upgrade for me. It did held its place especially at the midrange region it was so lovely slightly less airy to the newer series but still very nice and sweet. No doubt there was a slight lacking in the lower registries, they did too threw a big stage. They sounded slightly sluggish/laidback and darker in tone than the newer Traditional series. Funny when I bought the Evos I did a comparison with the Momentos and I found the Momento sounded slightly dark and laid back in comparison to the evos. It's like each newer series sounds less darkish in tone and more dynamic then the previous generations.

All in all the Serafino should sound decent in your room size without giving much bass issues. The room that I heard didn't have much treatment done so with a little bit of treatment I don't see that to be an issue.

My room size is 12'x21.6'×8' and I find the Guarneri Evo sounds fabulous with a slight lacking in the lower registries but that doesn't disturb me at all, as I find them to be very musical, engaging with lovely midrange and sweet highs that captivates me each time I switch my system on and they fill the room up nicely giving me an enveloped 3D stage.

Hope this helps