View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 PM

Default Looking for help with my Speaker Upgrade

We recently moved to a smaller house. I now have a dedicated listening room which has been acoustically tuned with absorption, diffusion and corner traps. My room dimensions are on the small end 11'7" x 15'6" with 8 foot ceilings.
Speakers are 6'6" from centre of each speaker. 31" from side walls and 36" from rear walls.
My head position is 8 feet back from front of speakers with 30" from my head to the rear wall.
Diffusion is on wall behind me. Absorption at first deflection points on side walls. Rear wall with additional absorption on side walls. Corners have base traps.

My room was a lot larger and my Dynaudio C4 Signatures had a lot of room to breath. With patient room tuning and adjustment they sound great in my new room at moderate listening levels. If I crank things up it can be a little more challenging. They are driven by Krell Evolution One and Two's. Source is EMM DA2, Bryston BDP-2 and cabling is Siltech. I also own a JL Fathom 112.

I have had a chance to listen to the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution on my last visit to Florida and liked them very much. I have also heard the Wilson Sasha 2's. Our choices are very limited where I live. Not much high-end anymore here. I have access to Sonus Faber here if I order them, also have access to Wilson Audio. The reality is I don't have much choice here if I move away from Dynaudio. I also listened to the smaller Paradigm Persona's but found them a little on the forward bright side. I wouldn't mind trying something new and may be leaning towards the Amati, Guarneri's or new Tradition's but have to say the Wilsons sound pretty nice when driven by Krell.

I understand that in an ideal world speakers should be auditioned in your own listening environment but the reality this isn't possible in small market cities. Hence my query here.

I listen to mostly, Jazz, Blues, Easy Listening and the odd New Age.