View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjayz View Post
Just to add my two cents to this. I have had both (similar) amps.
I had a LP70S that believe it or not had a small issue that was fixed under warranty and without issue. During the two weeks it was back at CJ, I had borrowed from the dealer a MV 60 which is very similar to Classic if not really the Classic 60. What I noticed was the LP70s had more detail throughout the frequency range, more three dimensionality and I am sure that had to do with the upgraded components compared to the other amp. It seems to have a bit more punch.
I believe both are great amps and you would be happy with either one but the LP70S has just a bit more of "it sounds right"

Just my 2 cents

Jeff
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. I'm beginning to think I may not be a tube amp guy, because the Classic 60s (both) were definitely not 'punchy' enough for me, even though they both had a wonderful sound stage. The ET250S definitely sounded like a powerful amp, which it is, even though it lacks the dimensionality of the valve amps. If the LP70s sounds a lot like the Classic 60 SE, which I think it might, it may not be right for me. However, it's a pretty big jump in price to the ET250s from the Classics. I think the LPS70 is also cheaper on the used market than the ET-250, or at least more abundant. I think I need to audition an LPS70 against an ET250S to make up my mind. In advance, I know its a somewhat apples to oranges comparison.