View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Bgilberti,
The amps with the Telfon caps can sound pretty dark and compressed until they start to burn in as Ron has pointed out.

I haven't heard the Classic or Clsssic SE amps yet, but I have an LP70S and it's a wonderful amp....very fast, transparent, clean and neutral.
I have heard great things about the LP70S, but I'm also wondering about something else, with it and the Classics, and that's power. My MF80 has 80 watts, and it plays plenty loud in my room with with Harbeth 30s, which are pretty efficient. OTOH, I can't say that it sounds "powerful" or authoritative, like some of the more powerful amps I've heard. My concern about moving up to the LPS 70, which I am sure is a better amp than the Classic, is whether, aside from its wonderful voicing, it has enough power to sound, well, "powerful." I know that the issue of whether you can hear "more power" is much debated, as long as you are below clipping. Like, does an LPS70 sound exactly like an LPS 275 at non-earbleed listening levels? Any thoughts on this from PC or anyone?