View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 11:55 AM

My wife is on her second XC60. Newest one is a 2019 T5 AWD. I really like this one better than the 2015 we had. I would not say it is powerful but has enough for what it is. I have been very happy with the Volvo service and reliability.

Only problem I have had was when we were purchasing the latest one I settled on a 2018 XC60 T5 AWD with 4k miles. Details of the deal appeared to work out in my favor. After we had it for a month we encountered a software issue that said it was placing the system into "reduced power mode". We took it in for service and after 2 weeks they could not determine what the problem was. The only explanation I got was that it was a software problem and the bug fix would take up to 6 months to fix. I told them that was unacceptable for a car that I only had for a month.

They asked what I wanted to do and I told them I would accept a 2019 model with the same equipment or a refund. After talking with Volvo corp they pulled up in a 2019 with 2 miles and I was out no money. Only change was the color. The 2018 was black, which I do not like, but wife does. The 2019 is denim blue. A very nice color for that car.

The 2019, from a sticker price, was about $6K more but I was out no additional money. Since getting the 2019 we have not had any issues.
Legacy Focus S/E, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, REL (2) Carbon Limited, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Furutech FA-Alpha Interconnects, Furutech FS-Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Last edited by tratliff; 04-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.