Thread: BeoLab 90
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Yes, I have heard them extensively and consider them the finest loudspeaker I've ever heard.

By 'ever heard', whilst i haven't heard price no object exotica, such as the Steinway Lyngdorf system, or MBL Radialstrahlers, I have heard most of the 'mainstream' top end speakers - B&W 800's, Tannoy Westminster Royals, Quad ESl's of all flavours, etc, etc.

Obviously I haven't heard every speaker in the world, hence my qualifying 'ever heard'.

However, and speaking as a classical musician, if the raison de etre of a HiFi system is to reproduce natural acoustic instruments in the most authentic, realistic and believable way possible, such as to suspend disbelief that you are listening to live music and not a Hifi system, the Beolab 90's come closer to that Holy Grail than any speaker or HiFi system I've yet to hear.

I should imagine though, as it's a one box solution with only a source needed, it may not suit the HiFi hobbyist, but that is a part of the deal with fully active speakers regardless.

However, for the music lover who wants very high quality and authentic reproduction of recorded music in the home, without all the mixing, matching and tweaking that goes with separates systems, this would easily be audio nirvana.

Cheers :-)