View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 AM

Thanks all. A few comments. The 1.25 is two full generations ahead of the 1.2. They are meant to drive speakers like my Alexx. They are sounding better and better everyday. My sound is beautiful through them. It really is. It's all I can say. I can't imagine anyone hearing my system before and after this upgrade preferring the 1.2's. The 1.2 from a design standpoint is an enhanced 1201. According to Mac all the circuitry in the 1.25 is different and greatly upgraded. There is as much difference between my 1.25's and the 1.2's as there is between my Alexx and my Maxx3's. I'm glad there is. I can see at this point very little reason to buy a 2K. Mac believes the 1.25 its sonic superior. What you want when you buy a solid state super amp is mega watts in a small compact footprint at a weight that does not overwhelm. In reality the 1.25's are more powerful than the 1.2's and much more refined in their sound. It doesn't take more than a minute to hear this. Mac has produced in the 1.25's a mega amp that will compete with the big boys. The 1.2's while great amps in their own right can't do it. When Wilson built the Alexx they rightly pointed out that comparing it to the Maxx3 was an unfair comparison. Likewise the better comparison here is to the 2K, or to a Dag, Accupase, Constellation, Burmester, Solution, etc.

Last edited by Charles; 10-15-2018 at 09:38 AM.