View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3132 View Post
The article did imply that the Typhon was not relevant anymore. I forgot to mention that as well.

I am convinced that an upgrade from my Triton V2 to V3 would give me a significant improvement. I have been thinking about adding a Typhon but now it appears to be a big question mark.
I don't know that Robert implied the Typhon is not relevant. Based on design differences internally, the Denali models may not be as responsive as the Triton models to the performance gains Typhons impart, however, there are several Denali owners that use the Typhons with them and report benefits.

The Typhon with a Triton v3 is simply amazing. Even more than with the v2, the Typhon virtually doubles-up on the v3's obvious advantages in timing, dynamics and solidity in presenting images three-dimensionality in space.

The Triton v3 and Typhon combo are significantly better in performance compared to the Denali, which presents sound differently, very organically and with incredible silence. Compared to the v2, I believe the Denali's are better in some key respects. In the right system (largely digital and solid state), the Denali's could be preferred to both Triton v2/Typhon because they isolate noise and focus sound so incredibly well, effortlessly.

Caelin's intention for the The Triton v3 was to incorporate the signature elements of the Denali technologies, but in a larger format. Based on feedback, I believe that has been very successful.

The central idea behind the upgrade to the v3 was to maintain the Triton's reference status, but also have a product at a more affordable price in Denali that represents something of a watershed in performance/value and brings the new technologies Caelin has been working on to the fore. I think Robert's review reflects that we've at the very least, achieved the goal of lowering the cost of truly remarkable performance. We're ok with that.

Thanks for the considerate questions.

Grant
Shunyata Research

Last edited by GrantS; 03-10-2017 at 03:21 PM.