View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:24 PM

Though I was initially off-put by the look, I'm positive it will sound amazing. I've owned the Jubilee, then Windfeld MC, and have heard the A90 and Anna a number of times. Though I moved off to Koetsu due a personal preference towards a more lush/fleshy analog sound, Ortofon has consistently raised their level with each successive model. And with each step, I get a little bit more tempted to jump back into an upper-line Ortofon. I keep around a Cadenza Bronze on my 2nd table, but the upper line models are a lot more finicky about system matching, and can easily get a bit aggressive on top. They don't seem to like the heavy mass Fidelity Research arms. But probably would do quite well on my CA Universal.

Ortofon has a good rebuild program, offering a full rebuild for typically more than 50% off list price (as long as the dollar is strong); that keeps cost per hour a little more reasonable over time (still expensive, though). Question is whether they'll be transitioning this into a production model, or whether the diamond cantilever makes them keep it very limited...but this price strata itself it is largely self-limiting.

Last edited by mulveling; 05-08-2018 at 10:35 PM.