View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
mcpaf76,
Cables are so system dependant. I suggest trying a used pair of Niagara cables.
How would you describe the sound of your Oak speaker cables?
I'll definitely look into that, used or maybe old stock somewhere, as well as the other recent models. Oak is very full sounding, relaxed without losing any detail. The Comet was as detailed but lost some fullness, due to the smaller gauge wire I believe. Also very snappy, transients had a lot more punch to me, compared to my DH labs, Silver Sonic Q10's which weren't bad at all themselves. The Oak was last thing I changed on my system and I honestly have no complaints about it now, nothing I feel needs to be addressed. Although there's always room for improvement somewhere. Cables are definitely system dependent, but the Oak's worked so well, I'm thinking a complimentary AQ interconnect could have even better synergy then what I currently have.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Last edited by mcpaf76; 11-15-2017 at 09:08 PM.